I should be packing right now for our trip to Fresno/Redding, but as usual it's early and I'm claiming this cool, quiet morning as
my time. I am so excited for our trip, but also very stressed out about how the girls will do with so much time in the car and sleeping in unfamiliar places. To two children embedded in a routine a trip like this is a nightmare! I am so excited to see Melody get married, she is the sweetest girl and I've prayed many times over the last 6 years or so that she would find an amazing man to love her (obviously she has in Charlie-whom I've yet to meet but sooo excited to!). I'm excited to stay with good friends, Krista and Joey, whom we used to hang out with all the time in college and it's been far too long since we last saw them! I'm excited to see other old friends from Simpson at the wedding and to visit Simpson itself. Sweet memories of Andrew and I dating, spending time with friends, and living a generally care-free college life flood back to me when I think of Simpson. Trips like this cause my heart to ache for our good college friends, peaceful evenings at Whiskeytown lake, attending Redding Vineyard Church and a simpler life. I think about everything that has changed since graduating and the plans I had for myself which gave way to the plans God had for me. I feel like a different person. I love my life now and I am more blessed than I ever could have imagined. I love my husband passionately, I adore my girls and desire most to see them love Jesus and serve Him, I love the "mommy life" of laundry and boo-boos and special outings and hair bows and frilly dresses and Sunday church and barbeques with friends. The list could go on and on and on. I am incredibly blessed!
Blessed Be Your Nameby Matt Redman- - -
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour outI'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, LordStill I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to sayLord, blessed be Your name
I love this song! My heart aches with passion when I hear it and it truly is the theme of my life. God is good.
I've been there. Hylke and I look back with such fond memories of our college days...life was so carefree!! It's a different life now, but so wonderful!!! I hope you guys have a great time visiting friends and enjoying time up North. I hope the girls do well, too. Noah is totally a scheduled little guy...it always takes some adjusting when we travel.
ReplyDelete