Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Apples to Applesauce!

We picked about 25 pounds of yummy apples on Saturday! So Chloe and I decided to make some applesauce yesterday, which used up 8 apples and did not even make a dent in the box full of Granny Smiths and Golden Delicious-es. So I made apple dumplings, only 3 apples, but they're so yummy! I'm eating one right now with my coffee (Creme Brulee creamer....ahhh...). Here's Chloe the baker:



Like her makeshift apron? Little does she know I'm making her one for Christmas, a real one, that looks just like Mommy's. So besides applesauce, apple dumplings, apple pies and apple crisps what else is there to make with apples?? Anyone have any yummy recipes requiring, oh I don't know, 25-30 apples?

2 comments:

  1. Chloe so needs an Easy Bake Oven to go along with her new apron for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Carmel Apples?

    My apples disappeared after 1 apple crisp, 4 apple pies and a crock pot of apple sauce.

    Hey! Is that the apple peeler from Target? Does it work well? I really like the fact that is suctions to the counter, instead of needing an edge to sit on. Great job apple Mommy!

    ReplyDelete