So there was lot's of remembering the carefree days. The days of freedom without responsibility. The days of college pranks. The days of being young(er) and in love and living without restrictions (other than our private school dress code, dorm curfew, mandatory chapel attendance, restriction on dancing and walking on the landscape-because walking on landscape leads to premarital sex-didn't you know?). A lot of sharing and laughing over silly teenage mistakes. But it got me thinking, now that I have kids, what do I want them to know about me as a younger Lisa? Do I want them to know about going to frat parties and other dumb mistakes I made? Do I want my girls to see pictures of me dressing a little (or a lot!)on the trashy side?
Despite being a Christian since I was 14 I definetly made A LOT of choices I'm so not proud of as they definetly were not glorifying to the Lord. I cringe at the thought of my girls hearing some of these stories. It terrifies me that they could repeat my mistakes. I know it's definetly a possibility and this impresses upon me the importance of prayer interceding for my chilren. I constantly pray for them that they will accept Christ at a young age and lead a life that glorifies God. However we all have "those moments" and make "those choices". One book that 's been huge for me in praying for my children has been this:
Stormie really challenges the reader to pray over every aspect of your child's life. At times it's a bit overwhelming, honestly, there is soo much to pray for. But it's a great guide and reminder of how important prayer is. I may remember all the mistakes I've made and not-so-great decisions but the Bible says " As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him" Psalm 103:12-13
Where the heck did you find this ADORABLE layout??? Please tell!!!
ReplyDeleteI L-O-V-E IT!!
We really had a great time visiting with you all. I just love to look back on old times with you two.
ReplyDelete