Friday, December 5, 2008
Fit Friday week 7
This week was okay. No huge change, but I did really focus on eating and eating healthier. My hands have gotten a great workout wrapping Christmas gifts, and my arms are getting pretty toned from pulling my squabbling children off each other, but that's about all the exercise I've done! I have this question and maybe one of my Fit Friday sistahs can clue me in....where do you find the time to work out??!! Even my pathetic attempt at On Demand Yoga flopped because I have NO TIME. My only down time is early in the morning (when I drink my coffee and blog:) and late at night when I'm too tired to function. Even taking a walk with my girls is tough because we usually have a committment afterwards that doesn't allow for Mommy to show up sweaty! Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate to tell you this, but the ONLY way I can find time to exercise is at 5:00 in the morning! I have tried incorporating it in the day after the kids are up, but it just doesn't happen. People keep telling me to hang in there, it is just for a season, so that is what I am trying right now. I know that is probably not the encouragement you wanted to hear and probably people who don't home school can work it in some other time but that is the only way I can fit it in! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteYou have to make the time for YOU! As moms we don't always do this...we always put everyone else ahead of ourselves, but I truly feel that if you get a little routine going, you will find that you miss it when you don't exercise.
ReplyDeleteI go to a gym that has free babysitting (well, I'm sure I'm paying for it in my membership fee) It's good for the kids too...they get to meet other kids and learn to take instruction from other adults. Maybe it you don't have free babysitting, you could swap an hour with a friend....(you watch her kids while she goes to the gym and then she watches your kids) Also....I know the days of my classes at the gym that I love, so I don't set up any appointments or activities on those days. That is MY time and it is very important to me.
Sorry to ramble and hopefully I was able to help a little. Good luck my dear!