Saturday, March 14, 2009

Budget Decor part 1

A month or so ago I wrote a blog out of frustration Pottery Barn on a Big Lot's Budget which has gotten more views than the rest of my posts combined:) I thought I'd update ya'll on my journey to decorate my home in a warm, frugal manner!

Okay, as previously written, we live in a rental home. Which greatly limits what we can and want to do to the home. I'm not up for spending much money on a place that is not ours. Especially with an owner like the one we have. Can we say dishonest? Anyways...

So painting is out of the question, and let me tell you how much I hate white walls. I HATE WHITE WALLS. All the walls in my house are white, except the dining room. Yes, I cheated and painted them yellow. It's such a tiny space I won't mind re-painting them white before we move out. And that's pretty much where I live all day so I needed it to be warm and cozy!

Back to the purpose of this post: I've come up with a few ideas for the girls' room. I've been looking for twin beds for Chloe and Ava and found the cheapest and most space-efficent solution is to get headboards, bed frames and mattresses, as opposed to a full on twin bed with head/footboards. Plus the girls' furniture is a dark pine, which I don't love, but can't replace right now. I'm thinkin I'll save it for the boy baby we'll hopefully get someday! So I found this headboard at....Target...of course!


I'm thinking this will go with their pink curtains, and some neutral bedding that I can buy in pieces, instead of an expensive set. I've found if you stick to simple patterns and solids it can be bought from different sources. I'd love to do some tans and darker soft pinks.

When I feel like getting up and taking pictures I'll post some of my great Home Goods & discount store decorating finds. I can't wait to own our home and go crazy with a paint brush on those white walls!

ps. Any tips, tricks or suggestions would be appreciated! Or great websites for home decorating! Love them!

1 comment:

  1. I love the headboard. What a great idea. And the colors are too pretty. I like painted walls too, here's hoping you can move and paint soon!

    ReplyDelete