Friday, April 24, 2009

Fashion Friday

I am not fashion expert. Seriously. But I so enjoy reading Big Mama's editions of fashion Fridays. We have similar tastes, I totally think we could share clothes.

I'm also all for dressing my own age. You won't catch this girls in any 80's throwback pieces just because it's in. I think if you lived in that decade full of unfortunate fashion choices, you should stay away from them now. Now....funky 60's prints, blousy shirts, 20's style dresses and tops...bring 'em on!

But I've seen lot's of unfortunate items lately in my three favorite places...J.Crew, Gap and Old Navy.

Here's my list of do's and don'ts...like I said, I'm no expert....


Straight leg, pink jeans from Gap....that would a be a big fat NO!


Pegged jeans from J. Crew....really pegged jeans again? I've seen a billion photos of Katie Holmes wearing these and was soo disappointed! I remember pegging my jeans in elementary school, my brother and I would help each other achieve that perfect peg....if I never saw pants like this again, it would be too soon.

Gap...where's Waldo??


Deliciously green dress from J.Crew....love it!



It pains me to even have this picture on here, Old Navy. Leggings + post-baby body= uncontrollable vomit.


Possibly the cutest skirt ever. Good job Old Navy.

Much better stripe alternative to Where's Waldo above. This is from Old Navy and has other cute colors and solids. Looks so comfy and forgiving...

Those are my thoughts...80's styles- NO!, comfy, age appropriate clothes in fun colors and textures (other than acid washed)- YES!
Happy Friday ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I have totally noticed colored jeans coming back too... what is up with that???

    ReplyDelete