2. Chloe tried rag curlers for the first time. We were less than successful, I need to learn better technique to prevent kinks.
3. Ava's vocab has tripled in the past few weeks. We've actually moved past"No! Mine!". I can understand her about 80% of the time. She asks for jelly beans constantly and always sings the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song when her diaper is changed. (She has Mickey on her diapers.)
4. I discussed fashion. The 80's were and unfortunate decade fashion-wise (and hair-wise if you ask me, but that's a whole other post...).
5. Big changes may be coming to Casa de Soccer Mom....more details to come....
6. We kicked cable to the curb a few days ago. So far, the girls have not missed it.
7. I've been working with Chloe on letters and sounds the past few weeks. I started by bribing her with a jelly bean for every letter she could recognize. The first time was 13 letters, then 15, then 18! She's getting better! We played a game matching letters to words and talking about the sounds the letters make. My girl read the word HUG!! I almost cried. I'm totally bragging right now, but she did awesome! It was such great encouragement to me that I may not totally stink at homeschooling! Rejoice in the small things friends....
8. We've been praying for Stellan.
9. This week Chloe said: "Mommy, God lives in your heart and Jesus lives in mine!" a few seconds later I heard her stomach growling and asked her if that was her tummy, to which she replied "No Mommy, that's Jesus snoring!". Precious. We'll work in her theology of the trinity later...
10. Relaxing weekend ahead. Dinner tonight: chicken and bacon ranch pitas. One of hubby's favorites. Because it has bacon. He loves anything with bacon.
I took this last weekend at the Wild Animal Park, Chloe sharing her ice cream with Sissy. I love it when they're sweet to each other!
Happy Weekend!
It sounds like you had a pretty good week. We are in the 80's today. And this is only the beginning. The ice cream picture is too cute and congrats on her knowing her letters and reading. That is awesome and I KNOW you are doing a great job.
ReplyDelete