Not to completely write an entire post about naps, but when Hubs and I were in college one of my favorite activities ever was napping. On beautiful warm spring days I would take a couple of snuggly blankets outside on one of the many grassy lawns and nap my day away. Or my roomies and I would take advantage of not paying for utilities in the dorm and take a nap on a cold spring day with the windows open and the heat blasting.
We got little Miss Gracie-Lou (a nickname for Chloe, we have many, she prefers Coh-wee, or Coney the Polar Bear) a twin mattress on Saturday. A sweet friend of a friend gave us a great deal on a fab mattress and my girls are in heaven. I think they'll be sad when we get the rest of her bed set up and they can't do those death defyin' dives on and off the mattress.
This mattress is so cozy she may be able to con me into napping with her today.
After picking up the mattress we went in search of sheets, came up empty-handed at Homegoods and decided to treat the girls to ice cream. At 9pm on Saturday night. What can I say? We like to party!
I got into our childless SUV (Hubs drove the tiny car with the girls in it, our SUV had the mattress in the back in place of the seats) and what was blasting on the radio? Horrible 90's alterna-rap. Not sure if that's the correct term for it, but it's the stuff that's like rap, minus the foul language and hard core thug attitude.
This is what my husband listens to when I'm not around.
It makes me cringe.
"I wish I was a little bit taller...I wish I was a baller....".
Vomit in my mouth.
Now, I confess I am a 90's alterna-rock junkie. Nirvana. Smashing Pumpkins. Live. Pearl Jam.
It reminds me of a simpler time. Namely, 7th grade when I transformed from total prep into alterna-girl complete with the Converse shoes, thermal long sleeved grunge look. And a pink plaid book bag.
Don't worry, 8th grade sent me back to preppy. PTL!
I love to tease Hubs on his taste in music, his taste in clothes before we dated, and his taste in ex-girlfriends. Seriously.
Sunday brought out marathon naps, yummy Hawaiian pizza, and a fire in the fireplace (after being in the upper 90's last week!).
And hearing a ton on the swine flu. Swine flu? What is that?? The news totally freaks me out!
At least if we're quarantined we now have a suitable bed for our daughter and some inappropriate alterna-rap to comfort us.
... I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a 64 impaula!
ReplyDeleteor something like that... ha
boy, do I miss those college naps!