Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

I can't believe I haven't posted since Monday. So much has happened!

We're officially house-hunting. There's a fab program in our county that gives huge downpayment assistance to 1st time buyers on foreclosures. So we're looking. And making offers. And praying. A lot.

There's lot's of fine print to this program and thinking about all that has to happen in order for us to actually be homeowners is very overwhelming and discouraging. But I know, and keep reminding myself, that with God, all things are possible! What a testimony to all parties involved, and our families, if it's God's will for us to buy a house now, despite these seemingly impossible circumstances.

Because Hubs and I have such big things on our minds and hearts now of course my girls had to get sick. Because that's the way things roll...

So we're home from church today, both girls are resting, and I get to blog.

The original purpose for this blog was to write about my girls, keeping track of the funny things they say, the good times and the bad, to show how God grows my children (and me!).

Things about Chloe at age 3 1/2:

She loves all things girly. Always wants to wear dresses. Talks constantly about princesses.

She's learning soooo much so quickly and I'm often amazed at the things she understands that I think she wouldn't. We talk a lot about spiritual matters. Her childlike faith is absolutely amazing.

She's a momma's girl. Has been since day 1. But when Daddy gets her laughing....it's amazing how she looks at him with those big blue-gray eyes!

She weighs 34lbs. Finally a "normal" size after being a peanut most of her life (except being an 8lb 3oz newborn).

She loves to bake, paint, sing songs to Jesus, play anything pretend, and loves the show "Max and Ruby".

Ava Joy at age 20 mos:

Ava is my wild child. She's definetly more a toddler than a baby and is beginning to get an opinion of her own.

She can now climb out of the pack&play and crib. This stresses me out.

She adores her big sister. She goes to Chloe for comfort, to kiss spontaneously, to share snacks with and sits in her lap when they watch movies.

She's also a momma's girl, but loves to tease Daddy and be tickled and chased.

She still loves to eat, but is getting pickier. I can't remember the last time she ate meat, but loves all veggies still.

She is talking up a storm! We love hearing her little voice, and she'll repeat anything. It's fun to hear Chloe teach Ava new words. She knows her letters A through E, and counts in a very unique way (8...9....yellow!). She loves to learn and will listen intently when I'm doing school with Chloe.

When told to apologize for something she always says "Sorry, sissy" and rubs the person's chest.

She loves to snuggle and slept with me in the guest bed on Thursday night when she was sick. It was so precious to watch my girl sleep, all snuggle up to me.

They just grow up so stinkin' fast! I want to capture these memories and moments forever!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope the house hunting goes well. That can be such a stressful time. Your girls sounds so sweet!

    ReplyDelete