Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I should be cleaning...

I could pretty much title every blog I write "I should be cleaning" and those of you who only know me in blogland would get one of several ideas about me...
1. I have a filthy house

2. I never clean

3. I always clean and am a bit obsessive

4. I spent enormous amounts of time with my kids making handmade pottery and never get a chance to lift a dust rag

5. I'm a normal mom who cleans a little every day but usually chooses to do something fun and non-productive during naptime.

Please go with #5.

I'm in the process of cleaning out my closet, as my friend April is coming into town tomorrow and we always swap out stuff that doesn't fit or we're not wearing. It's a great system. It would be even better if I looked like Lisa-before-bearing-children and could fit into April's clothes. (Yes, she's had two kids as well, but she's one of those girls that doesn't bear the battle wounds of a poochie tummy and stretch marks. And yes, we're still friends:)

I'm halfway thru my closet and needed a break. Even though it's only been about 20 mins. But it's exhausting and emotional work people!!

So my anniversary is in 9 days. We'll be married 5 years on May 15! We've been together since January of 2002, that seems like an eternity!

Found this picture this morning....it was taken only minutes before our ceremony. What am I doing, you ask? Stuffing my face with a muffin. I knew it was only a matter of time before the baked goods got to me....

Seriously though...look at those arms!

I'm going to try and post a fun picture/story of me and the Hubs each day until our anniversary, so check back often!

4 comments:

  1. wooo hooo... can't wait for your cute clothes, and to see you of course!
    You are just as beautiful, if not more, as you were on your wedding day! You are one of the hottest, hipest mommies I know. Don't think anything less of yourself!
    Can you believe 5 years?? Can't wait to see some good 'ol pics from the Simpson days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - congrats on the upcoming anniversary! You look so pretty in your wedding picture! I'm sure if I ever get married, I will definitely be stuffing my face...love food!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty picture! I ate like a pig on my wedding day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, first.....you are totally number 3, Monica Gellar. :)

    Second, dang girl you looked angelic on your wedding day. And still, marriage and motherhood has made you all the more beautiful.

    third, I would know this because I was there....see, I'm in the picture? :)

    hollllaaaaaaa! love you!

    ReplyDelete