Here's a picture of Hubs and I on the morning of my college graduation. I graduated in January of 2004, and Andrew graduated in May of 2004, just a few short days before our wedding!We met at Simpson University on Redding, CA. Andrew was one of my powder puff coaches (girls football! One of the most fun activities I've ever done in my life!). I totally thought he was hot, but also thought he was into a friend of mine (he wasn't). Wanna hear about our first "connection"?
Of course you do!
I'm such a dork. It was our first game and I was about to go out on the field but needed someone to hold my inhaler for me on the sidelines. Yes, I said inhaler. I told you I'm a dork. So I ran up to him, whom I didn't even know, and just put it in his shirt pocket (all the coaches wore shirts and ties, just like real coaches, isn't that cute?) and breathlessly (ha ha ha!) asked him to hold my inhaler, then I ran back onto the field.
The year before we met I had just gotten out of a very unhealthy relationship and was pretty much over trying to date. A few months before we started dating I had committed to go on my missions trip to Hong Kong that summer (for 3 months) and was sure that God would not bring a guy into my life with me leaving for so long.
God had other plans. Andrew and I met in October, in December God told me I was going to marry this man, and we started dating in January. January 28th to be exact. We did the whole distance thing that summer when I was in HK and he was in Japan on a missions trip, dated the whole next year, got engaged March 1, 2003 and married May 15, 2004.
It's been bliss ever since. I am in love with him more every day that we are married.
No comments:
Post a Comment