Friday, August 21, 2009

Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts!

It's been one long, trying week in our home.

My grandmother is in the hospital, has been since Tuesday. She had a heart attack and once in the E.R. they found all sorts of problems with her heart and fluid in her chest. We think she may be home, on more medications, by tomorrow.

Yesterday as we were dealing with New House Drama my mom called and said she thought she broke her ankle and could we please come take her to urgent care? (My dad was up at the hospital with my grandma.) So three and a half hours later, she and I returned from the Not-so-Urgent-Care with a very broken ankle indeed. She will be having surgery on Tuesday to put a plate and two pins in her ankle. Note to reader: never wash your car barefoot and when nobody else in your house is at home. Me? I'll just stick to never washing my car :)

I'm exhausted. The girls are worn out. Hubs is still adjusting to his school schedule and his district still hasn't finalized contracts yet. Darn California budget!

So, here's my question....what dessert should I indulge in to replace my stress this evening?? Any suggestions?? Right now coffee ice cream with brownie mixed in from Cold Stone is sounding marvelous....


3 comments:

  1. Hylke and I love coffee ice cream with fudge and almonds from Coldstones...our own mocha almond fudge! Enjoy it, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was there I would make you a batch of gooey, warm chocolate chunck brownies with vanilla bean ice cream!!
    Might throw in some nilla cakesters too!!
    How about a margarita while we're at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with 2boymommy on the warm gooey brownies and vanilla ice cream! I had some terrible pms last night and I was laying on the couch just dreaming about those brownies. So sorry you are having such a stressful time!

    ReplyDelete