I forget though, even though it's only been 2 1/2 years, the things that are useful with a newborn. I remember when we had Chloe I used about 3 regualr "keep warm" blankets, but registered for and was gifted about 30 blankets.
The rest of the useful tips and items have slipped my mind though!
What things did you especially use/need/love with your little ones as newbies?? I'm planning on nursing exclusively (one of my favorite things in life, after the first 2 weeks of painful nummies of course) and we generally keep the baby in our room until he sleeps through the night (Chloe- 5 weeks, Ava Joy- 8 very long months). I'd really love to babywear more this time around. I never did with Chloe because I just didn't really know about it, and with Ava I never found a wrap/sling that I liked and then she just felt too big (she was 9lbs at birth and just grew rapidly the first few months, it overwhelmed me to have a huge baby strapped to my chest while chasing after Chloe).
Is there a wrap or sling you loved? I'd also love any nursing modesty tips...I'm not so graceful in public, but with two other kids and numerous commitments outside our home I need to gain some grace in that department. Not so fun showing off the ladies...or the belly stretch marks!
So my dear readers, stalkers or occaisional visitors....help a sister out! Give me your tips & tricks!!
I LOVE my wrap! In fact, I wore Elliana all through Disneyland yesterday...and she's over 10 months. It's the same wrap that I wore her in at 1 week. I also love that it's handmade by another mama. It's just like the moby wrap, but you can customize it...you choose the color and accent fabric. wwww.loveyduds.com I also love that I could get stuff done (including getting myself ready) while wearing her! I'll be thinking about other baby things I love, but this one tops the charts!! :)
ReplyDeleteOH, another thing! I love my nursing camisole! I love that I can lift my shirt and nurse, but my skin is not exposed at all. They come in all different colors and act just like a normal cami but are for nursing. I got mine from Target (they carry white, black and grey in the stores, but have tons of colors online) Since I exclusively nursed Noah and Elliana for a year...well, it will be w/ Elliana...anyway, I lived/live in my nursing camisoles!
ReplyDeletePretty nursing shirts were a must for me by baby number 4. You should have seen what I looked like when I nursed the first three. Everything was hanging out at times :) I think a sling would be great. I never had one but I wish I did. You probably have a nursing pillow picked out too. I always needed that to get me through nursing sessions. How exciting for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHere's one thing I just realized I could do WITHOUT - a baby swing! I started using it too much and pretty soon Koa would ONLY sleep in it, not in his bed at all. So that was not working for me because he couldn't get a good nap and was really fussy. I put it away and now he's back to taking good naps in his little cot. I have a piece of fabric, too, that I learned how to tie like a Moby wrap - it's pretty comfy, but a little inconvenient to get on and off. I still like my basic baby bjorn that's 7 years old. I think if I could buy one thing I would buy the Ergo baby carrier - I tried one one and it is sooo comfy. Seems really practical to me. I have one of those nursing camisoles, too from Target - they are great! Target has good nursing bras too. It's funny how you forget what you need - it's really not as much as you think. I remember with my first I also ended up with about 30 blankets and towels too, which you really don't need! So excited for you and glad your pregnancy is flying by! You're going to love having a boy!
ReplyDeleteI can't think of anything else that hasn't been said before.
ReplyDeleteI am on the lookout for a ring sling or a Moby Wrap. Can't decide right now. I really want to try baby wearing with our new one. I did with James some, but I didn't start until he was about 9 months old and by then he wanted to be down!
I was a little worried that the wrap would be too much, but it's really easy to put on. And, if I'm going out and know that I'll be using it, I'll just put it on at home and pop Elliana in it straight from her carseat. That eliminates the hassle of having to put in on in a parking lot. :)
ReplyDelete