September 2005: I am almost 8 mos pregnant with Chloe. Hubs is starting his credentialing. On a whim, we find out he didn't really graduate from college (really long story). He can't start credentialing until he completes and passes an exam for child development (of all classes). He almost loses his new job with his school district.
God's plan: Hubs starts school one quarter later and is able to be home a ton with me and our new baby girl! We love it and are able to bond as a family. His job is safe thanks to his principle, who loves Jesus too. Such a strong testimony to how God provided for us in so many ways!! Everything works out for His glory!
December 2006: Surprise! I am pregnant with Ava Joy! Chloe is only 13 months old and I sob at the thought of my baby being a big sister. I had wanted to wait another 2-3 years before having another baby! This was such a tough time for me!
God's plan: Our girls will be 21 months apart and the best of friends a couple years later. Never having had a sister, I am thrilled that they will always have each other. God's timing was perfect! (Of course!) This is also the time that the Lord begins to re-shape my heart and mind in terms of receiving any and all children he desires to give us as blessing. My views on birth control, family planning and raising children change drastically.
April 2007: We had some scary test results which showed that Ava Joy tested positive for Downs Syndrome. The DS part wasn't scary, the unknown part was. We had a lot of miscommunication with our dr.'s office and went for two weeks uncertain of the results of the test. This was one of the biggest faith-growing times for me. I became so thankful that I was having a baby, special needs or not. The test was re-done and came back negative. Ava was born completely healthy.
God's plan: Building our trust in him through those two weeks was huge. Reminding us that He held our baby in the palm of His hand and His ways were higher than our ways. We rejoiced in His perfect plan for our child.
November 2007: Ava Joy is 4 mos old and I feel weird. Bitter, angry, depressed. A lot. A diagnosis of a slight case of PPD and some happy-mommy pills get me back on track.
God's plan: God gave me compassion for and a way to relate to other women who suffer from PPD. He also showed me joy in the tiniest things during this dark time. Even though this lasted nearly a year, I felt his arms around me the whole time. I now know what things to watch for with this next baby and won't be afraid to seek help if I need it, medication or counseling, wherever He leads.
May 2009: We have to move from our rental house that we loved. We have amazing neighbors and love this house! It's a tough fact to face.
God's plan: Pull us out of our comfort zone, remind us to trust him and lead us on a crazy journey for a summer.
June 2009: Our new rental home is burglarized. This traumatizes me and for four months I cannot come or go from my home without anxiety and feelings of anger and panic.
God's plan: We begin the process of trying to buy our own home, something we hadn't even considered for years due to financial stress and a crazy real estate market. These four months take us on highs and lows that force us to depend on God for every.single.step. Although stress is extremely high in our family we find blessings in spending time with extended family and are encouraged by friends to trust God's plan for us.
November 2009: We move into our new house, with the expectation of a new baby due in April! We rejoice in the road God has brought us down and enjoy a season of togetherness and precious memories with our girls. We seek to use our new home to serve God in whatever way he desires. We are blessed immeasurably.
It is all a gift that He gives at just the right time. Can't wait to meet Baby Boy.
ReplyDelete