Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Morning

Sitting here enjoying the bliss that Peppermint Mocha creamer has brought to my life. You know you can buy this formerly-only-seasonal flavor year round now? I love it but it doesn't feel right enjoying it in July, ya know?

So glad it is Friday! Tomorrow we'll hang out here at home while Hubs helps some friends move....next door to us! Yay! Our good friends, with kids our kids' ages, are moving in next door. How cool is that? Sunda we'll go to one of my favorite places ever. We'll pick, and eat, and enjoy ourselves fully. We're also having our Sunday evening Bible study up there! So excited! A few years ago we went and the pictures of the girls there are some of my favorite pictures ever. Last year we missed it because things were so crazy with moving into our new house. I can't believe we've been in this house almost a year! I still sit in amazement of God's plan and blessings on us in this house.

Ava just over a year old loving the apple farm!
So today for school we're going to do a little unit on Johnny Appleseed. I have a sweet friend who used to teach who lent me a few books, a sequencing activity, and an old school slide projector to watch a Johnny Appleseed film strip. She asked if we had a cassette player to use for the film strip and I had to check each stereo in the house and thankfully one of them has one! How funny that those aren't even around anymore?! Back in the day I would listen to my Debbie Gibson and Paula Abdul cassettes over and over. Rewinding my favorite songs hundreds of times. And I would tape music off the radio but would get so annoyed when the dj would cut in before the song was totally over. Hello 1993!

Yesterday the we were all playing outside, enjoying the delicious fall weather and I discovered something. Silas does not like the feel of grass. He was laying on a blanket and kept reaching out his arm to touch it. After about a minute he would cry, pull his arm back and look at his hand. Then, as if he couldn't help himself he'd reach out and touch it again! This went on for a few minutes before I rescued him.


I know I say this each month as he gets older, but seriously, he'll be six months next week!! SIX MONTHS. That's half a year! Pretty soon we'll be starting solids, he's working on sitting up and crawling. Oh Lord, I am not ready for a crawler.


This one has come so far this school-year. I am so proud of my girl and how hard she works each day. We've definetly had our ups and downs but I am certain that this is what God had planned for us for this year. Spending each day, getting to teach her and watching her absorb all this information like a little sponge is such a blessing!

Happy weekend ya'll!!

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful day here also. Perfect weather. I plan on spending a lot of time on my swing reading a good book today.

    Love that Silas would cry and then stick his little hand right back out there. Learning cause and effect. Tyler used to grab his hair and pull hard. He would cry because it hurt, but he didn't realize he could let go. I would pry his little chubby fingers open. Two minutes later he would grab hold it of again and we would start the process all over again.

    ReplyDelete