Secondly....Happy Friday! I can't believe October is almost over! Talk about the month that just flew by....and you know things don't usually slow down until after Christmas! Yikes, I have a lot to do! I have one friend who always has her Christmas shopping done super early (*cough...April*) and she always stresses me out. I am of the "shop the last few weeks before Christmas" mentality. Mostly because we're always so busy and I can never figure out what to get for certain people. I hate just buying people stuff just for the sake of giving a gift. I always want it to be special, or meaningful, or something they can't get for themselves.
So this year we already have listed what we'll get for our girls and will started on that this weekend. We do something a little different when it comes to Christmas in our house. We get our kids three gifts each, just as the wise men brought baby Jesus three gifts. (Of course if my 4 year old opened a box with some mhyrr in it I don't think she'd be thrilled...). They always get a ton of stuff from family and we'd like to teach them the real meaning behind Christmas, instead of the commercialized, greedy message society teaches. When I was in high school I had a teacher who did this as well and I thought he was the cheapest guy ever and always felt sorry for his kids. I just didn't get it at the time and never would have thought I'd be doing the same thing.
But this week we've had a lot of fun pumpkin carving, playing with friends, learning to say Italian phrases from our FIAR curriculum, playing dress up and mousies. A good week.
Something special about my silly Ava-girl....she's got a talent I've never seen in any other 3 year old. Are you ready for this?
Such a gifted child. Her mother must have taught her well....
Hey Lisa! We do the 3 gifts as well! I entered your give away, fingers crossed :)
ReplyDeleteBrady
Ha! I did check off 3 more names yesterday when I was at the mall. Disney store is having great sales... fyi
ReplyDeleteOh I love Ava!!!
We do the three gift things also. And there is usually one big gift and two small gifts. Cause four children times three gifts is 12 right there. I won a CSN gift certificate that will help with some of the gifts, but its still pricey. And you are right. The kids get so much from grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc... It is usually overwhelming for them anyway.
ReplyDeleteI think we got Alex one gift last year for the same reason. He gets plenty from family! Don't know yet what we're doing this year...better start thinking about it.
ReplyDelete