Chloe's thumb is not broken! Yay!! She did get an x-ray done, which she was nervous about but she loved seeing her bones. She's got a fascnation with blood and bones and generally all the human body parts and functions. Last Saturday she fell off her scooter and scraped the top of her thumb and her elbow. I bandaged her up and she felt really nauseous afterwards, turned white and ran a fever for a few hours. I never noticed any swelling or anything on her thumb. When we took the bandaid off Sunday night it was dark and I didn't see anything, finally Monday morning I saw her thumb was really swollen and black and blue. Hence the x-ray after we got back from Disneyland. So thankful she's okay!
I'm reading the book Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson. Loving it!
Can't believe Chloe is 5 on Sunday! Five feels like such a kid. Like we're entering the land of loose teeth and tying her own shoes and sleepovers (not for a few years still, I think) and talking on the phone! You know, kid stuff!
And we've discovered that Silas does not enjoy Mommy's homemade, unsweetened, organic applesauce. Please ignore the babytalk and my high pitched cackle...
Here come the thundering feet....time for me to wrap this up! Enjoy!
So glad the thumb is not broken. I have been checking in to see. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend
ReplyDeleteLove Mission of Motherhood! I had no idea that Chloe was so hurt. I'm glad she's okay! Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteYour mommy blog is totally inspiring! I think I may need to start one! Just to get my thoughts out (my poor husband shouldnt have to hear ALL my thoughts and rambles when he gets home from work hahahahah) :)
ReplyDeleteI think i may read the book your reading next! I love relevant books to this season of my life.
Thanks for being a great mom, its encouraging to know we're not alone in this mommy journey.
Embracing and loving motherhood with you!!