We have a lot to catch up on! Disneyland. Birthdays. The fact that my baby girl, the one who made me a mother, is FIVE. When did I tell her it was okay to keep growing? How am I really the mother of a five year old? I know she's been in Kinder for three months, but the age five just seems much more monumental.
 |
| Chloe and Ava meeting Cinderella. She was unbelievably sweet to my girls. |
When Chloe was a baby I was a strict, by the book Mommy. I thought I had to be to raise a respectful, Jesus-lovin' child. I've lived. I've learned. My mothering style has done a 180 in the last five years. I'm still pretty strict about some things, but I'm really trying to be a mom that "comes from a place of yes". Most days, it's a stretch.
 |
| Chloe on her 5th birthday! |
This one has always been so full of grace and forgiveness for me on this mothering journey. I'm so incredibly thankful to Jesus for her.
 |
| Never too old to snuggle her daddy. |
My amazing husband has changed right along with me. Where we use to differ on our thoughts about schooling, discipline etc. we are now riding the same train. Sometimes he looks at me like I'm crazy when I suggest things, but he always hears me out, and is often the voice of reason.
 |
| My sweet boy and I on the carousel at Disneyland. |
Lets just talk about the fact that I don't look 12 anymore....seriously. I look at pics of myself right after I had Chloe and I look about 12 years old. No wonder people would stare....I've transformed (so has my hair! it's come full circle, back to long and natural colored...)
 |
| My 5 year old in her special birthday shirt! |
Sweetest big sister ever. Period.
 |
| Be still my heart. Those eyes melt me. |
This lovey boy. I don't know how he'll ever be disciplined with those big blue eyes and ginormous cheeks! He's my most natural, attachment-parenting-ed child. Never thought I'd get to this point. By God's grace, we have.
 |
| Snow White offered to take him home with her, as the 8th dwarf. |
He'd better marry nothing short of a princess. I get now why moms are so protective of their sons.
 |
| This picture perfectly shows Ava's personality. Goofy, silly and independent! |
My wild one. She is built of raw emotion. My heart is so full for this girl. From the ppd that held me captive the first year of her life to the tenderness I have towards her now. Love. Her.
Beautiful post and beautiful children Lisa!
ReplyDeleteLisa, this gave me goosebumps - what a journey. I feel like mine has been so similar, too. My third was my most attachment-parented child too and he is the jolliest, happiest, friendliest soul. It's absolutely amazing. So thankful for God's grace to guide us on this journey of parenting. Your children are so beautiful and your heart is so full!
ReplyDelete