So with the girls' dance recital coming up in a few weeks I'm starting to experiment with their hair now. I know I'm a freak, but they have to have a high pony all curled and Chloe's hair does not hold curls AT ALL. We've tried hot rollers, curling irons of three different sizes, curling with the flat iron and now I'm onto sponge rollers. I just unrolled the ones from last night, put in dry, and her hair is barely curled.
This is going to be a challenge.
I also think I need to research some cement-like hairspray. As I was unrolling the sponge curlers just now the idea dawned on me to get one of those fake hair pieces to pin over her real hair. Is that creepy for my 5 year old to wear fake hair? Hmm....will have to think about this.
So today, after the Hubs gets home from work, is a Disneyland day. I really want to stay home with Silas, have a quiet evening, get some stuff done and treat myself to the yummiest mesquite shrimp tacos from Rubios. Is that horrible, that I don't want to take my kids to Disneyland? The only thing keeping me from my quiet evening at home is guilt over not going....not sure what I'll do yet. I think Daddy will have fun with this girls, and I know Silas won't regret staying home. We have a crazy weekend and staying home will give me a chance to charge up, and clean the bathrooms, before the chaos begins.
Yesterday Chloe read the book "Are You My Mother" all by herself! It was amazing. I know it's such a small thing, but it totally makes me feel like she's really getting this whole reading/homeschooling thing. She works really hard for me each day, most days, and it's so gratifying to see that hard work pay off. She was so excited and proud of herself.
And another huge accomplishment in our house....Silas slept from 7pm to 5am!!! Woooohoooo! His sleeping thru the night has been touch and go, mostly because of teething. And you'll be happy to know that he ate the applesauce for dinner last night, from the same batch as before, and loved it!
Off to make some waffles for my girls! Enjoy your Friday!


Love it! So cute. I say, send the girls with Daddy and stay home and rest with Silas. :) Hahaa.. but I'll probably always choose staying home when there's a baby in my life. Whatever you do, I hope it's a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWondering if you stayed home or gave in and went to Dland.
ReplyDeleteI say the fake pony tail sounds like a great idea for hair that doesn't curl. It doesn't sound creepy at all to me... little girls love dress up! Why not?! Go for it!