Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Morning: Keeping it Real

  • All three of my children were up long before the green seven this morning. Coffee, help me.
  • I spent about two hours yesterday in my girls room, specifically in their closet. Clothes, clothes, clothes. Need I say more?
  • I'm still reading Ann Voskamp's "One Thousand Gifts". This morning I was reading part of a chapter in which Ann rejoices in the opportunity to serve God through everyday menial housework. I decided to take on that attitude today, then promptly forgot as my three early birds created morning chaos. Still working to get my attitude back on track.
  • I have mountains of unfolded laundry awaiting me today. I shall try to fold unto the Lord.
  • I was asleep before 8:30 last night. Awoken during the night four times by children.
  • We still don't have Easter plans. It will be my first Easter since my Grandma passed away and I'm not looking forward to it.
  • I have unfinished project upon unfinished project and that overwhelms me like nothing else. My husband has a ton to complete as well and I'm trying not to give him anything else to do but it's hard. I'm really feeling like there are just not enough hours in the day!
  • Chloe is sick today and her nose is bothering her a ton. She still doesn't know how to blow her nose, and she's five.
  • My daughters requested hot tea with their breakfast this morning. Next, Silas will be requesting poached eggs for his breakfast. What ever happened to juice and toaster waffles for the pre-school crowd??
  • Loved this post this week.
  • And this post from a couple of weeks ago is still resonating with me. The thing my husband wants done each day is for me to focus on our kids. So I've been trying to set the housework, computer and other busy-ness aside and do just that.
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Love you Lisa! I'm in the same boat as you today. I was going to head to the gym but Alex has little green stuff coming from his nose and I have mountains of laundry to fold. I just brewed some coffee (not the norm for me). We too, don't have any easter plans. I'll be praying you're comforted as you miss your grandma this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your realness friend..just love it. it's scarce these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot tea! Oh my. Too funny the things they come up with.

    I missed my grandmother this past weekend also. Things are so different without her. She was the true matriarch of our family. Its hard, but it does get easier to remember. At first the memories just hurt, but now they comfort a little more.

    Thank you for the sweet link. I need to re-read it all myself.

    ReplyDelete