I've had the best last few days. And get ready for it...brace yourselves....I've enjoyed spending lots of time away from my children. Judge me if you want, but these days are rare for us. It's just the season we're in.
Most of the time I'm totally okay with it. We don't have family nearby to help watch the kids, we never have had an actual paid babysitter and most of my friends have at least two children of their own so it's hard to ask them to babysit my three for us to get a night out. But lately I've been tired, worn out, grumpy, definetly not finding joy in the little moments (for the most part). Life has been so crazy/busy and I'm just worn out.
So the last few days have been a sweet time of missing my children. Thursday night meeting at church that kept me away for a few hours. Friday evening I was completely pampered by one of my sweetest friends and enjoyed a facial and massage and a couple hours of girl talk. Always nurtures the soul. And removed my phobia of people touching my face! Saturday morning was a coffee date with a girlfriend, a couple hours turned into several as we enjoyed Starbucks and grocery shopped, all at Super Target. Then yesterday was our 7 year anniversary and my best friend from high school kept my three children from noon until 11:00pm. She's my hero. And I probably provided her with wonderful birth control as my daughters like to come out of their room 837 times after they're put to bed. Hubs and I went to Disneyland, which is a completely different experience without children. We went on rides that require you to be 46", ate at a sit down restraunt and never once whined at each other over long lines. We even walked around in stores, and didn't buy a thing. And as we were leaving he bought me an ice cream cone that I ate all by myself.
So this morning I'm feeling refreshed, and ready for the day with my three. These seasons with little ones are definetly exhausting, but a few days "away" can rejuvenate this Mommy like nothing else!
Love it!! So glad you had that time together as a couple! I was thinking about you last night at the MOPS event at Heidi's and missing you but happy you were with Andrew.
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like a wonderful weekend! Happy Anniversary. I have always thought it would be neat to go to DisneyWorld with just Mark. So glad you got to go with your hubby.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you got a lot of what you needed and I'm so glad I could be a part of it and help you get over your phobia :) love ya
ReplyDelete