Sorry it's taken me an extra day to write this post, I was extra sleepy and BORED from Monday's episode. I'm irritated. Who isn't? I think it's the first time in Bachelor/Bachelorette history when "insecure" has been used more than the word "connection". The more Ashley tells the camera she's insecure, the more the guys pick up on it and therefore the less interested they are. What guy wants an insecure girl??!!! Especially on this show! It's the woman's confidence that inspires the chase. Watch any Bachelor season and it's always the bratty, yet confident, girl that the guy initially "falls for".
I can't even blog about the dates, they were boring. I like Constantine's honesty about his feelings towards Ashley. I felt Ben C. was thrown under the bus by William but I was so happy when Ashley sent William home a few hours later. I like Ben the Winemaker but I'm not sure he's right for Ashley. And their "mental kiss" made me throw up in my mouth.
I don't know what it is with these "ordinary" dates this season. Yes, they're in an exotic location but walking around towns, going to local markets are not helping make the "sparks" fly. I think that's why the Bachelor has even kept going season after season....fancy, exotic dates that make people "fall" for each other. Yes, it's a huge wake up call when you're engaged and together in the states and you don't go parasailing every night at sunset, but lets face it, the more dramatic, the better the show!!
This season is just boring. I'm so disappointed. Yet I keep watching, and you know why....all the drama with that one guy. Next week had better be good....
First... I love your weekly blogging the Bachelorette! I mostly agree with every detail you write and am nodding ferociously "YES, YES, YES!" at my computer screen.
ReplyDeleteI knew this season was going to be boring because Ashley is boring. It kept blowing my mind that she was making it as far as she did with Brad. She's just so... ordinary and boring. I can't believe they picked her over Michele Money, or Chantal,to be the Bachelorette. But, I guess those girls may have turned down the offer due to being in real relationships they couldn't sacrifice for the show and they were stuck with Ashley.
To be honest, I think this season is a total, producer sabotaged joke... and it has to be to keep anyone watching because Ashley is so dang boring.
In the past the producers have always given information they get in the background to the contestants regarding people not being on the show for true love, or for cheating while on the show. This season, they are purposely not showing Ashley hours, and hours, of footage of "that other guy," as he insults her, mocks her, and lies to her face and strings her along. And why are they doing this... say it with me now... just in order to add some drama, because... Ashley is just so boring. It's ridiculous!
But like you... I keep watching. :)