Isn't summertime delicious?? My three certainly think so. We've been incredibly lazy. It's nice, but it's gotta end soon or I will go crazy. Here's our summer schedule thusfar....wake up, watch tv, play outside before the heat sets in, eat a popsicle before lunch, play some more inside, have lunch, nap, watch more tv while its hot outside, play outside while it cools down, have dinner, shower, bed. Repeat daily.
Today we're spicing things up....the girls are painting pictures of fireworks and their CareBears while I write this. They've also requested to swim in our little plastic pool and have popsicles. Oh, to be five again...
Baby boy has become an amazing sleeper. He's mostly weaned and is sleeping 12-13 hours every night with two two-hour naps during the day. I'm thinking growth spurt, or he's discovered how wonderful sleep is, just like his momma. He's still nursing morning and bedtime, but it's mostly for comfort and has taken quite well to his bottle. He calls it his bobble. He's my only baby to ever take one. Other words he says at 14 months: tait ooh (thank you), Ada (Ava), mooore (more), Mama and Dada. And he barks. And growls.
Husband is teaching summer school again this summer which is nice because the school day is only 8am-12pm so he is home pretty early. Correction, very early. The other day we took flattened diaper boxes to a hill and the girls slid down the hill over and over. Ava got the hang of it pretty quickly, Chloe did not and threw a fit. It was still fun. Silas just loved running up and down the hill.
I think this weekend we're going to go to the sidewalk chalk painting festival in town. And maybe do a movie night tonight. Which means the girls bring out all their blankets and pillows, watch a movie and I have to dig up some popcorn for them. Then tomorrow morning before I get the baby up I get to scour the floor for kernels, which there's always a ton hidden in our cozy red shag rug, then threaten never having movie night again if I find another kernel. I never follow through.
I started sewing again last week. I finished two projects in two days, then started a third and then my needle on my machine got bent when the machine started eating my fabric. Still haven't replaced the needle.
Chloe taught herself how to text message this week. She has now confiscated my phone and texts my girlfriend's five year old daughter. Small thrills for these little ones! At least she's working on her spelling right?? And she's asked for her own phone. Ha!
Our bedtime issues have improved dramatically this week. Ya'll were so helpful. I've started telling the girls that the quietest kid gets to pick the tv shows in the morning. And if we have to come in to quiet them down there's no tv. Ava, usually the one with bedtime trouble, has been silent every night since. She loves "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and doesn't want to miss it each morning. It's working out well.
Okay, off to supervise the painting! We already have three blobby looking CareBears, an apple tree and some fireworks. Happy Friday!
Yeah that bedtime is going better! That just helps the whole mood of the house.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought about the popcorn thing. Maybe you could put a big sheet down first and then they have to lay and stay on that?