Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blogging the Bachelorette

Okay, I wasn't even sure I was going to watch this season, but I dvr-ed the first few episodes and watched and now I'm hooked. Only one thing to say: Poor Poor Poor Ashley.

I wouldn't blame the girl for walking away now. I was telling my husband that girls always fall for that bad boy somewhat forbidden guy. (You know who he is, his name will not be written on this blog. Ew.) I just keep thinking "YOUR DAUGHTER WILL WATCH THIS SOMEDAY! WHAT KIND OF A FATHER ARE YOU!!!!"

It seems like this season has interesting characters. Masky, for one. I think his stunt totally backfired on him. I get the point he was trying to make but I think it carried on too stinkin' long. And it was so risky because Ashley was obviously disappointed in what she saw when the mask came off.

I was totally digging William until last night's Foot-in-Mouth incident. Yikes. I would have sent him packing in an instant. He was wayyyy to focused on furthering his own dream of being a comedian (which, I have to say, I don't see it ever happening! Aside from being incredibly hurtful, he wasn't even funny and his jokes seemed so unnatural). I was shocked when Ashley kept him, and felt bad for Chris who got sent home instead of Big Mouth William.

*Note to discarded bachelors: in your final interview avoid the sob story "nobody will ever like me I'm going to be single forever girls always dump me only my mom appreciates me" garbage. By saying all this on camera on this show you are ensuring that you will be single FOREVER. *

I'm loving JP and his personality. I love that they wore sweatpants on their date. I do think he needed an opportunity to "woo" her on some magical first date like the others, but hopefully that will come later. I'm thinking he's a frontrunner now with you-know-who gone and William's comedy club incident.

I thought the flash mob date was cute but I've already forgotten that guy's name and I'm sure Ashley has too. Nice guy, but kinda blends in too much. Is it just me or do most of the bachelors fit into a few catagories of physical looks this round? Short spikey-ish hair, sharp facial features. Longish-curly hair. Lots of baby faces. I never understand on these shows why its direct at the early-mid twenties crowd in casting. Like 28 is the end of the road if you're still single? I mean Emily, from last season, is what a whopping 24?? I don't get it.

Overall I feel like there's a few guys that have made themselves stand out but most of them are pretty forgettable. I couldn't even name 5 for you. Its sad that being a total jerk to Ashley is whats made that one guy so popular. I wonder if Ashley had never been warned about him if he would have been so attractive to her. And Ashley's source? Michelle from last Bachelor season, she comes in all kinds of crazy. Don't know that I would trust her anyways. But she proved correct with her warning and I feel sorry for poor Ashley for walking right into his jerkiness. I kept screaming at Chris Harrison  to show her the footage in order to ease her heartache before the rose ceremony last night.

Until next week....



No comments:

Post a Comment