Thursday, June 9, 2011

What Do You Read??

I am a self-professed book nerd. My husband - not a reader - likes to tease me about this. I love to read, I go through books pretty quickly and admittedly most of the stuff I read is fluff. I like reading something I don't have to think about too much. But my favorite books are wonderful, timeless stories by amazing writers.

All time fave? Anne of Green Gables, hands down. Also LOVE me some Pride and Prejudice and anything by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Love, love, love To Kill a Mockingbird. More recent books I've loved? The Help. I wish that book never ended, I finished it and was dying to know what else happened in the characters' lives. It needs to be a tv series. Love John Steinbeck (Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden) and a little on the fluff side, I love anything by Francine Rivers.

Product DetailsRight now I'm reading The Beautiful and Damned - good ole' Fitzgerald.

What do you like to read?? Any great recommendations would be appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Loved The Help as well. Steinbeck is always fantastic and I could read his stuff over and over. Right now I am reading Little Bee. Mostly bought it because it promised an unexpected twist. My girlfriend turned me on to Francine Rivers and I've read a bunch of stuff of hers as well. My husband is also not a reader. He doesn't understand that it's an escape, to him it seems like more to think about:-) Sounds like we are a lot alike. I am hoping to get some discussions pretty soon on my blog (kind of a book club of sorts). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are booking reading soul mates - I love your favorites - especially steinbeck and Jane Austen and Francine Rivers. I just recently read the Mitford series - and if you are looking for some serious fluff - this was so lovely, peaceful, soothing, before-bed type of reading - I loved it. It's not for everyone, but it might be right up your alley. I also love anything by Edith Wharton - but beware, it will end in tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Fitzgerald too. I sort of had a crush on him in high school and read all of his books one summer. I just got a book of American Short Stories from the library and one of his is in it. I second the Mitford series, although I don't think it would be fluff. It is really good and leads you through the Gospel message in a very entertaining way. I am about to start Persuasion by Austen. (Mark is going to be out of town next week and I am planning on doing a lot of nothing and a lot of reading). I have a books page on my blog if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete