Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Morning

I'm sticking with my new catchphrase: Tales of a Soccer Mom: Where Chaos and Coffee Reign. I like it. Someday I'll re-do the look of my blog and try to include it. It just fits where I'm at right now.

Usually when a close friend comes up pregnant I feel that twinge. You know the one. The "ohhh....babies, I LOVE babies, maybe we should have another one?? Oh, sweet babies.....". And then I ovulate and five minutes later we come up pregnant. Seriously. Three kids, 4 1/2 years. There's been Conversation between me and the Hubs lately regarding this subject. He wants more, I'm good where I'm at. And you know what? Even though we're not in the same place, and neither of us plans on budging anytime soon, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with just not knowing right now. In my life I always like to have my finger on the next thing....just to be ready. But shockingly, I'm okay not knowing whats next right now. I think because I've enjoyed every.blessed.second of Silas' babyhood and plan to continue to do so, it's just made it easier.

I'll stop blabbing about babies now. After I post this picture of mine...


Be still my heart. I don't think I've ever seen any other little boy so delicious. The dimples, the overalls, the sheer joy on his face....I can't even stand it.

But speaking of delicious...I have to put in a word about chocolate. Now I've been on a pretty strict low-carb, no sugar diet the past couple of months, trying to lose the baby weight, but this weekend that went out the window. My in-laws showed up with this. The triple chocolate almonds almost made me lose my salvation. I'm not even playing. I'm so not into frou-frou expensive chocolates but I would buy this in a heartbeat. Worth. Every. Penny. Calorie.

Yard/grass pics to come soon, want to wait until we get the wall cap on this weekend and then this whole project will be just about doooonnnnneeee!! Can you tell I'm a bit excited? The girls are forbidden to play on the grass for the next couple of weeks but they're still out there every morning, staring at its beauty. We even left a spot for a garden! I have no clue how to grow anything or if its too late to plant stuff, any tips for me??

Happy Friday, ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, you know that since you have made the announcement you are "content" you will be very soon making the announcement you are pregnant :) Never fails.

    I don't have any gardening tips cause I know NOTHING about your area. I would google something. It is probably too late for strawberries, but maybe some lettuce or spinach that would be ready in the fall might work. Just guessing though. Oh, basil is good. You can't get rid of basil once it starts growing. It is hard to go wrong with green beans. They grow pretty fast so you might still be able to get some in before fall.

    ReplyDelete