Today is also our "official" last day of school! I packed up up most of our curriculum yesterday, leaving out only craft supplies and instruction books, and a few "summer" work books that Chloe loves.
Other than those two things I will not think about homeschooling for a month or so. Okay, I might have just lied, I'm already excited about our prospective curriculum for next year.
Chloe was going crazy yesterday, all excited that she would be a first grader today! Where have the last five and a half years gone??!! I'm thankful and excited and so blessed that we made it through this first year of homeschooling. I definetly have my (many) moments of doubt about what I was doing (hello, you all read most of the posts of me ranting that I was ruining Chloe's life!). But we all survived, we really enjoyed ourselves, and Chloe learned A TON! I am so impressed with her. We went from the beginning of the year with lots of crying (she had a hard time too) to looking forward to our school work each day.
Her hunger for information amazes me. I'm so thankful for my sweet, compassionate, inquisitive girl!
We have our dance recital tomorrow and I'm sure I'll cry when my girls dance on stage (again), and will spend the weekend with Andrews family enjoying our new lovely backyard. I promise a huge photo dump come monday morning. Now I have to finish this post and go clean bathrooms and get ready for the day! Have a blessed weekend, friends!


So awesome you both should be very proud of yourselves! Your an amazing mom Lisa I'm in awe of all you do :)
ReplyDeleteWe had a busy weekend too. But a good one!
ReplyDeleteHey, my niece, Jennifer (Happiness is Brilliant on my sidebar) is using Heart of Dakota and really likes it. I know she will be glad to talk with you if you have any questions.