Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Morning: Brace Yourself: Even the Title is Long

Whew. Where can I even start with this past week?? Let's just say having a sick baby is exhausting!! At first the constant need for cuddles is so enjoyable. But when it turns into shrill, ear piercing screams anytime you set baby down, it starts to drain.

So, I pretty much have carried Silas from Tuesday until, um, about 10 minutes ago when he downed a 7 oz bottle and then I put him back to bed. He has roseola, nothing life threatening. The high fever part was scary, but now he's just rashy. So pitiful I couldn't even take a picture of my poor thing.

Speaking of pictures. For my birthday my husband completely spoiled me with a new camera. What started out as a little hobby a few years back has grown into a bit of an obsession. He got me the Nikon D3100 and I'm loving it. I love that it minimizes the editing I have to do, all the pictures are so vibrant and crisp and it totally does the whole blurry background thing by itself. Love. It.


Take this one of baby boy. He is not so happy as Daddy is hauling him out of the street. We have this little game we play called "teach Silas not to go in the street" where he pretends to obey and stays on the sidewalk, then as soon as Mommy blinks, off he goes into the street. (Don't worry, we live in a very quiet cul-de-sac.)

Love the clarity, crispness, and the fact that it was not very light outside when I took this, but Miracle-Cam, as I call her, knew that and compensated.


Same evening, a few minutes later (we were riding bikes, my kids don't wear helmets just for fun.)

So what started out as a hobby and just wanting pictures of my kids has turned into something I really love doing and want to get good at. Like, reading books/websites about it, good. I'm enjoying being challenged by something other than children. And homeschooling. And growing my faith. You know, all easy stuff. Ha!

My kids pretty much run away from me like I'm papparazzi when they see me pull the camera out. Well, except this one:


This one poses like she's on America's Next Top Model. It's a little scary to see your five year old transform into a 15 year old wanna be supermodel with the click of the camera. This is her "oh, you have a camera, let me pretend I ddin't see that and try and look natural (but she really has her hand on her hip, which is jutting out) " look. Cropping helps.

The kids are super excited because my mom is coming to visit next week for a couple of days. I'm super antsy because my house looks like trolls live here since I haven't gotten to clean all week. So much to do, not very much time to do it. Hopefully today is a little easier with Silas, who has gone back to sleep in the time I've been writing this. Woohoo!

Okay, I should go then and start getting ready for our day and clean the fuzz off my baseboards and all that other fun stuff. Happy friday, ya'll!

ps. If you live by me and want to let me papparazzi your kids/family will you let me know?? I would love more practice on people that don't live with me and close their eyes intentionally when I try to take their picture...ahem....Ava Joy....anyways, I'd love to take pics of the other people. I can edit/cd them for you! FB or email me if you're interested!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Silas is sick. I haaattteee it when my kiddos are sick. I don't think it ever changes, even when they are big kids like mine.

    I wish we lived close enough for you to practice on my kiddos. My Abbie would pose and smile all day long for you :)

    When you get your house all cleaned up just give me a call. Mine always needs cleaning!

    ReplyDelete