My kids (mostly Chloe) understand that their school year hasn't started but sometimes feels a little left out hearing their friends talk about going back to school. So this year I thought we could surprise our "regular" school friends with a back-to-school treat and celebrate their first day with them!
Chloe and Ava loved this idea, and I think it blessed my girls tremendously to bake and deliver these treats to some of their friends.
We made white cupcakes with lemon frosting...
And then I went online to this website where you can create your own tracing printables. Chloe could have written the message herself but I wanted Ava to be able to help and tracing is right up her 3 year old alley. Plus I think the tracing is cute and school-ish.
My girls loved delivering the treats, and somehow, it helped Chloe feel less "left out" of the back to school fun. She loves serving others and being a helper, two things I love about her, and this was so much fun for her. I think we'll do it every year!



That's an awesome idea! Way to show her how to show others. Love that it puts the focus on someone else..which seems to always help when they feel a little bummed. LOVE IT!!
ReplyDelete*meant SERVE others.
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet idea, I love this!
ReplyDeleteStopping by and following from Kelly's Korner! We homeschool too. We love it! What a great idea to let them share in the fun with their public school pals!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea! What a wonderful way to share with others and make yummy cupcakes.
ReplyDelete