Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Morning: Naptime Edition

I know these posts are called Friday Morning...but sometimes I cheat. I've written them on Thursday nights or Friday afternoons. This one is Friday afternoon. Baby boy just went down for nap #2, Ava is napping, Chloe just finished watching "Anne of Green Gables".

I've explained (idon'tevenknowhowmanytimes) what VHS tapes are to my girls this week. How they're different from DVDs and why they take so long to rewind. My girls are not amused with less than instant technology. But they're loving watching Anne of Green Gables (on VHS)!

I have two chicken breasts in the oven right now. I'm really getting into cooking chicken in advance of a meal. My favorite way is to put a boneless, skinless breast on a big piece of foil, season with olive oil and garlic salt and wrap it up, cook in the oven at 400 for about 35 minutes. Then I let it cool and shred it at dinner time. Delicious also with salsa, baked beans or bbq sauce on it!

Schooling this week went really well. We're taking our start slowly. But today I wrote a list of spelling words for Chloe, for next week. She looked at the list once, asked me to test her right then and proceeded to spell all 10 words perfectly. I knew the list was easy but I was trying to get her used to the "test" part of it. Girlfriend gets it, and loved being tested. I guess I need harder words next week!

Little Man is just such a sweet, joyful little bug these days. Well, he always has been, but his personality is really coming through right now and he is goofy, fun-loving, incredibly smart and just such a joy to be around.


He wanted his picture taken on the first day of homeschool too. We do our schooling during his morning nap. Crayons are his love right now and he manages to snatch some no matter how well I try and prevent this. I have given him paper to color on, which he liked, but really preferred eating the crayon instead.

He's starting to talk a lot more and his little voice is just adorable. It's totally different sounding than I imagined it would be. He says "nor!!!" whenever he sees an airplane, he likes to boss the dog around, he hugs his sisters and tells them "nigh nigh" at bedtime and he rats himself out whenever he's about to get into trouble by saying "no, no, no" over and over until I find him and rescue him from himself. Pure sweetness.

My Ava Joy turns 4 next week. Can't even believe it. She is extremely excited and has asked for 3/4 of the toys at Target for gifts! Mostly baby dolls though. She has 8 that she plays with every day: Billy, Lilly, Julie, Baby Huffington, Dylan, Zoe, Maggie Belle, and The Girl. Yes, The Girl. The same poor Cabbage Patch doll who got drawn on with crayon (Ava tried to give her "angry eyes") is only called "The Girl". She piles them on two strollers and pushes them around the house. Andrew calls her Octomom. Nice, huh?

Okay, my chicken is out of the oven and I've run out of things to blab about....happy Friday (afternoon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment