Last year, our first day was perfect. It was our one, and only perfect homeschool day. In fact, one week into homeschooling I put Chloe on the waiting list for a charter school lottery. I was done. Or so I thought.
I've lived, and learned. There are no "perfect" homeschool days. Right in the middle of reading someone probably will have a meltdown, need their bottom wiped, the phone will ring, the kids will lose patience with me (or vice versa). For so long I tried to find the solutions to all the unexpected things. My mind set was just wrong.
These things are life. They teach us patience, humility, compassion and perseverance.
What better way to teach your children than to teach with an easy spirit, and lots of grace? Relax. Have realistic expectations for what to accomplish. Be creative. Allow a reasonable amount of distractions and use them as teachable moments.
And send me back to this post in three weeks when I start freaking out.....
Love this post:
A Holy Experience
Cute back to school printables found here:
HowDoesShe


I love your perspective! I really like the pictures of your girls holding their grade level! I think I might steal that idea! Going to start following your blog!
ReplyDelete