Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Morning


Notice anything different?

My girl lost her second tooth a couple of days ago. Now I'm a mom of a kid who loses teeth. I feel old. Where did the time go? At least we still do dress-up, this week we did dress up at the park. I may have bribed them with letting them wear dress up clothes to the park in exchange for letting Mommy take pictures of them. They're a little tired of me sticking the camera in their faces.


This week we: had a visit with my mom and grandma (mom's mom), started organizing school stuff, had lots of kids at our house yesterday (which I LOVE. i LOVE having a houseful of children, running and playing. Suprisingly, I can overlook the chaos and mess, and really truly enjoy having a houseful of children. then eventually, all but three go home and I can restore order and peacefully eat my brownie and vanilla ice cream. bliss), taught Chloe to make lasagna (easiest recipe ever, but the best lasagna I've ever had), pulled Silas off the table at least 254 times.

Easy Lasagna: boil 9 lasagna noodles for 11 minutes.
to make the sauce: brown 1.5lbs of ground beef, drain the grease. Add in two cans of tomato paste (told you it was easy) and two packets of spagetti seasoning and 5c of water (easy right). Cook sauce until mixed and thickened (usually about 15 minutes-ish). Layer in greased pan noodles, sauce and mozzerela (shredded), will make three layers in a 9x13. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.  Yum. This makes enough for my family of 5 plus leftovers.


Today my husband is going to a funeral for a student he had a couple of years ago and this past summer in summer school. So so so sad. 

Have a happy friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment