![]() |
| my girl last weekend while I was doing a family photo shoot....who said she could get so big?! |
I've dealt with a lot of confrontation lately. Okay, not a lot, just one big one, which is a lot to someone who hates and avoids confrontation. Remember the one time I lost it and yelled at the guy at the flat-iron kiosk in the mall? (I can't remember if I ever blogged about this or not, long story short: I was at the mall with the girls, Ava was tiny, and everytime we passed the flat iron kiosk the guy working there hounded me to let him flat iron my hair, I politely declined a few times then lost it and cried and yelled that of course I didn't have time to let him do my hair I had two small cranky children with me! Know your customers!-my last words to him. It wasn't pretty.)
![]() |
| baby boy....17 months old. |
So I let this lady have it and I doubt she will ever speak above a whisper about someone else's child in public again. While I'm proud of myself for standing up for me and my child, I'm horrified altogether. Is Christ cringing at this behavior? Covering His face, and shaking his head? Even though I didn't use any bad language, I did get pretty heated. I don't know the answer. I don't feel like my confrontation was uncalled for, it was necessary (I think), but could I have done it in a more loving manner? I've definetly learned my lesson about judging other people's kids in public. Since having my own I try to be as compassionate as I can when I see another mom dealing with a difficult child situation. An understanding smile or encouraging word really goes so far.
Anyways. I'm tired....we're super busy....homeschooling is going swimmingly....I'm tired (we're busy) and I yelled at someone in public. What have you been up to??


Lisa....I applaud you on behalf of mothers everywhere who have yelled at clueless grown-ups in defense of their "still learning this world" young ones. I believe it is #5 on the list of requirements to earn the title "Good Mom" so treat yourself to some chocolate and take that nap!
ReplyDeleteYolanda