Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday is the New Friday

We just returned from grocery shopping. Grocery shopping with three small children might be one of my least favorite activites ever. They are usually pretty well behaved, but they're so distracting it takes me so much longer to shop and I often forget things. Today, we forgot the lime juice.

All three kids got haircuts yesterday! Silas' first cut and the girls each cut about 5 inches off! Pictures to come.

We're gearing up to fly to Atlanta to visit my parents. I'm very nervous as this is our first time flying with the kids. Shoot, it's the first time I've even flown with my husband! The sheer amount of stuff we have to bring with us overwhelms me. And the story I saw on the news about a Delta plane skidding off the runway in Atlanta doesn't help my fear of flying.

My home is getting some major changes. We've started painting! (The inside) A creamy yellowish color on all the walls. Our layout is very open, yet the rooms are very small so every wall is getting the same color in an effort to make things look bigger. It gives me such joy and satisfaction to cover up dirty finger prints with clean, creamy yellow paint. And we took down the disgusting vertical blinds in the kitchen and put up clean, white, airy, ruffled curtain panels. Glorious.

Our puppy is growing and getting chubbier and is biting more and more. Sigh. I don't know what to do with that thing. She's getting better about potty training but the biting (especially of the children) has got to stop. She's in her kennel now for biting Chloe. I really know nothing about training puppies, any tips on this would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. The grocery thing will get better-I promise. One day you will wonder how you went to the store WITHOUT them because they will be such good help. Just keep working at it and keep saying over and over, "It will get easier, It will get easier." And then get yourself a treat when they aren't looking, go home, hide in the bathroom, and eat it alone. You think I'm kidding?

    We are dealing with the puppy thing too. We are taking a puppy training class bc she is going to be so huge and I knew we wouldn't be able to control her if we didn't do something now. At the class they said the best thing to do is distract her with a chew toy or raw hide. She is doing better as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete