Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Morning

Oh Friday, you arrive at last, full of lists and chores to accomplish, but also holding a lovely bouquet of promises. Promises of fun, baking and a field trip to the fire station!

This week has been long, to say the least. Schoolwork has been taxing at times (darn those addition facts that are so hard to memorize!), weather is still blazingly hot and fall is no where to be found. Husband has been sick, youngest child has discovered how to whine and my ever swelling belly is as large and cumbersome as it could be at 6 months pregnant.

I realized last night that I'm way behind on the laundry, as the girls soccer uniforms are still sitting, dirty, in the laundry basket from last Saturday. I have to get on that since they both have soccer pictures at 8am tomorrow and games following. Wish me luck as I attempt to take Silas the monkey to two soccer games in the heat tomorrow. Speaking of Sweet Baby Silas, he's discovered pushing, wrestling, whining and the joy of torturing his sisters this week. What a darling.

Ava continues to fly through her kindergarten work. Seriously, the benefits of homeschooling keep surprising me! She's been listening and watching her sister do school work for the last two years and much more of the skills and information have sunk into her little mind than I had thought! I'm also amazed and so blessed by how much Chloe matured over the summer. The little battles over school we used to wage are gone. She's more enthusiastic and obedient and seems to finally understand how this whole teacher/mommy thing works. I'm loving it.

We're off to visit Andrew's cousin at the fire station where he works this afternoon. So the girls and I will be baking some treats to take to the firemen. A couple of days ago I let Chloe and Ava attempt to make brownies entirely on their own. Well, a certain daughter misread the recipe and added 1 1/2 c water instead of 1/4 c of water. Needless to say, the batter didn't even make it to the oven. Let's hope for better luck today!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no-the whining stage.... Its a good thing they are so cute and snuggly-cuddly at this stage too. It will get better-promise!

    ReplyDelete