Baby Batman and I welcome you to this issue of Friday morning, in which I ramble, lament, whine and be altogether scattered for about five minutes!
I thought Fall was on her way. I was relieved when our evenings cooled and I could sleep with my windows open, especially since our electric bill has been huge. She was just teasing though, it's supposed to be 105 here next week. Makes me bitter. Especially since this cow of a pregnant girl doesn't fit into ANYTHING ANYMORE.
I am 27 weeks along tomorrow. Is it me, or is this pregnancy flying by? Baby boy might have a name. Well, we've pretty much picked his name, there may be some rearranging the order with first and middle names but he'll be called Shepherd. I've called him Shepherd for months, Husband just needed to come around to it.
I've been loving the cooler evenings, watching my littles play soccer with their daddy. Our house has become all things soccer now. Ava CANNOT wait for her games each week, and Chloe's getting better with every practice. Silas thinks he's 7 and can play soccer too....evidenced by how he loves to run onto the field during the girls' games each week. Or he thinks it's fun to watch me heave myself out of my comfy chair.
I might be attempting potty training. Or something. Silas can pee in the toilet on command, but doesn't care enough to not pee in his diaper. Frankly, I'm tired of changing toddler poopy diapers. It's just gross. So today I offered him a cookie if he'd poop in the toilet. He's tried once, didn't go, and asked for his cookie. No such luck Buddy. I'm not sure how motivated I am in this endeavor, since heaving myself around to help him take his shorts and diaper off hourly is not my idea of a good time. Sitting on the couch, eating rainbow chocolate chip cookies is my idea of a good time.
I'm also toying with the idea of cutting little Batman off from his paci. We're trying to limit it to car, and bedtime. The big question is how much do I want to rock his world in the next couple of months before baby Shepherd joins our family??
I'm also trying to be pro-active and start Christmas shopping now. I know, novel idea, shop in advance since baby boy is due right around Christmas. It is also hard because Chloe's birthday falls on the day before Thanksgiving this year. So we may be out of town, or we may be home if my doctor suggests staying local so close to my due date. Not that any of my babies have attempted to come early. Or even come on their own. Maybe Shepherd will be a go-getter, who knows?? But shopping for Christmas, and a baby, and a birthday- yikes. Better water that money tree, right??
Okay, off to try and get motivated to cross off things on my to-do list. Happy Friday!

great name. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this heat mama!
i love the name...and i love reading about your life.you have your hands full...but you do it all so well. seriously...even your complaining about it still makes it sound amazing! :)
ReplyDelete