Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcome Fall, Please Stay Forever

A week ago I was whining about 105 degree temperatures....the Lord hath heareth my prayers and I sit here in front of an open window, with heavy fog right outside and it's about 65 degrees. I shall rejoice and be glad in it.

I love my little house. I need to do an updated post with pictures of what we've done over the last year or two. My favorite part is the red dresser that serves as a tv stand. It was my grandmother's dresser, I refinished it, painted it red, and now it gives me joy everyday. Mostly, I love my little house when it's full of people. Last night we had small group at our house with two new families joining us and it just made my heart so happy. Sure, chocolate got smushed into my carpet (the carpet it gross anyways so I really wasn't that upset) and juice spilled all over the carpet in the playroom but we had about 13 kids and 10 adults here and lot's of conversation and yummy dessert and prayer and reading God's word and there just isn't anything better than that. (And that was a very long sentence!)

Last week I did a mini photo shoot with my girls. I've been planning it in my head for weeks but hadn't the time to get it done until last week. Everytime I do something like this I get all weepy because they just look older on camera. Proof:






How I wish I had learned some photography basics when Chloe was a baby! Most of our pictures of her have red eyes, and are blurred. Sad. Everything worthwhile I've learned in the last two years has been from free, online resources. There really is a lot of great information out there, even if you just have a point and shoot! Learning photography and getting to practice on my kids has resulted in some fun pictures that I'll always treasure. Sure I still take hundreds of snapshots a month, that I never edit, and mostly just take to capture a quick moment, but I try for every season and birthday to get some better pictures to document their lives. 

Enjoy your friday and weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment